Recall Sampler: LG Goldstar and Comfort-Aire Dehumidifiers
Leading off today, LG and the Consumer Product Safety Commission are re-announcing a prior recall of about 92,000 Goldstar and Comfort-Aire Dehumidifiers. The dehumidifiers pose a serious fire hazard. Consumers are urged to recheck any humidifier they may have to ensure it is not one of the recalled models.
- Source: CPSC
You can access the rest of CPSC’s recent recalls with the widget below.
FDA: Rocky Ford Cantaloupes from Jensen Farms
The FDA is advising consumers not to eat Jensen Farms Rocky Ford Cantaloupes. The recalled cantaloupes have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria and may be linked to a multi-state outbreak of listeriosis.
- Source: FDA
You can access all the recent recalls and alerts from the FDA and the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service with the widget below.
Identifying Recalled Products
Identifying recalled products isn’t always easy. CPSC has prepared a video for you to watch and learn how to determine if a product you have’s been recalled.
What to Do
In general, if you have a recalled item you’ll want to contact the retailer or manufacturer. They will replace or repair the item, or issue a refund or credit. Most recalled food items should simply be thrown out.
If you’ve been injured by a consumer product, or feel you’ve been sickened by a food or drug, you should keep the item in a safe and secure place. You may need it as evidence for a products liability claim, and a government agency might want to examine it as well. In any case you should contact a good products liability lawyer if you have any questions about your legal rights.
- Learn more about product recalls on Lawyers.com
- Find a products liability attorney on Lawyers.com
- Discuss your community issue on our Products Liability Forums
- Lawyers.com Suggested Legal Books
- Did this article help you? If so, please consider sharing it with your friends and encourage them to become a fan of Lawyers.com on Facebook. Or follow us on Twitter to retweet to your friends/followers.
- Download the Lawyers.com app for the iPhone or access the site on your smartphone