Marriage Drowned in Hot Tub: Demi’s Talking to Divorce Lawyer
An entertainment industry insider reported Demi Moore has had enough of Ashton Kutcher’s cheating ways and met with a divorce lawyer.
How many signs of hubby cheating were there, and what was her breaking point? While everyone’s situation and tolerance level is different, these seem like sure signs Demi couldn’t ignore:
- Past behavior —Ashton has allegedly been unfaithful more than once
- Info from others —most cheating spouses are probably grateful they don’t have to square up their stories with pics and reports from the paparazzi
- Opportunity to cheat —you’re out of town, and your spouse just ends up at the Hard Rock Hotel and there was a hot tub, all around the time of your wedding anniversary
Even celebrities are just people, and Demi reportedly tried to save the marriage, including counseling at the Kabbalah Centre. However, you get to the moment when it’s time to talk to a divorce lawyer. The decision to divorce is serious for any spouse or any couple. However, it’s a must to "have a clear head. You have to be able to take out all the emotion to deal with the legal aspects," says K.J. Petsas, of Petsas & Stephens, LLP.
The main issues in a divorce are spousal support, property division and custody and support of the children. Couples may have to address these issues no matter what walk of life they’re from. Insiders say Demi covered issues of her living arrangements and property division with her divorce lawyer. Both Demi and Ashton are reportedly worth in the neighborhood of $200 million each. It’s not known whether or not the couple has a premarital agreement.
Stay tuned to see if there will be a Moore-Kutcher divorce, and how it will play out.
Heather McGowan co-authors the Lawyers.com blog
- Learn more about Family Law on Lawyers.com
- Find an attorney on Lawyers.com
- Discuss your community issue on our Legal Forums
- Lawyers.com Suggested Legal Books
- Did this article help you? If so, please consider sharing it with your friends and encourage them to "Like" Lawyers.com on Facebook. Or follow us on Twitter to retweet to your friends/followers
- Download the Lawyers.com app for the iPhone or access the site on your smartphone