Death of Spouse within 2 years of Marriage.

Leon Jeffrey Snaid's Green Cards Legal Blogs

Licensed for 46 years

Attorney in San Diego, CA

 If you are the widow(er) of a U.S. citizen who died before October 28, 2009 you may be eligible to immigrate to the United States if: 

  • You and your deceased spouse were married for less than 2 years when your spouse died and  

  • You file Form I-360 for Special immigrant classification as a widow/widower by October 28, 2011. See section 568(c) of Public Law 111-83 for more information.


Death of spouseLaw office of Leon J Snaid

‹ Blogs Home