Posted 6 years and 5 months ago
Topic: Personal Injury
What are workers compensation insurance providers?
Workers compensation is a type of insurance that companies purchase. The purpose of workers compensation insurance is to compensate monetarily for employee medical care when they are injured on the job or become ill as a result of their employment.
The workers compensation benefits are paid out in exchange for the employee relinquishing the right to sue their employer for negligence. New Jersey Workers compensation law does several things for employees—
- Ensures full medical coverage for work-related sickness or injury at no cost to employee
- Provides recurring periodic payments to replace lost wages
Provides permanent disability benefits for employees whose condition prevents them from returning to work
New Jersey Workers compensation law affects employers as follows—
- Most employers are mandated to have unemployment insurance coverage for their workers.
- Employers may choose to buy workers compensation insurance through an insurance company or, in the case of government entities and companies with adequate funds, the employer may self-insure their workers.
- The law guarantees those employers who are mandated to carry workers compensation insurance that the injured or sickened worker who accepts workers compensation benefits cannot sue the employer unless it is determined that the employer intentionally caused the job injury or illness.
If you need legal advice regarding a workplace injury or Workers Comp claim contact Tobin, Reitman, Greenstein, Caruso, Wiener & Konray to speak with a knowledgeable New Jersey Workers Compensation attorney today.
Tobin Reitman Greenstein Caruso Wiener & Konray: Rahway
1743 Saint Georges Avenue
Rahway NJ 07065-2002