Approximately 2.9 million people are injured each year in traffic accidents, accounting for 95 percent of all injury-causing accidents on U.S. roads and highways. In these instances, it is important to seek a skilled car accident attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
The most common types of injuries resulting from a car accident include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries are mostly caused by excessive pressure, lacerations, or bruising involving the spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries can often change a person’s life, causing paralysis and loss of muscle function in various areas of the body.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are caused by trauma to the brain from the head striking another object or being struck with force. These injuries are dangerous because there is often an apparent absence of physical injury. Treatment can be lifelong for TBI patients, and the financial burden can be hard on both the victims and families. If you have a loved one who suffered a brain injury caused by an automobile crash.
- Internal injuries caused by an auto accident may include injuries to the liver, spleen, kidneys, intestine, lungs, or heart. These types of serious injuries often require extensive surgery and may lead to lifelong disability.
- Whiplash is an injury that occurs in certain types of car accidents. Symptoms include neck pain and stiffness, headaches, pain in the shoulder or between the shoulder blades, lower back pain, pain or numbness in the arm or hand, dizziness, ringing in the ears, and blurred vision.
- Fractured bones occur when there is too much force being applied to the body in a certain way and one or more bones in the body break because it cannot sustain the pressure.
Studies conducted by insurance companies found that accident victims recover two-and-a-half times more for their auto accident case when they are represented by Charlotte car accident attorneys who filed a lawsuit on their behalf.
In North Carolina, when you need an experienced, professional, and successful Charlotte car accident lawyer, contact Justice H. Campbell & Associates, P.A. located at 222 S. Church Street, Suite 215M, Charlotte, NC 28202.
Approximately 2.9 million people are injured each year in traffic accidents, accounting for 95 percent of all injury-causing accidents on U.S. roads and highways.