Being involved in a Columbia automobile accident is often a traumatic experience disruptive to both your physical and emotional health. As complications can develop after the accident, injuries sustained in auto accidents are tricky.
Steps to take when you are hurt
Here are several steps you should take to monitor your injuries, and to make sure that you are properly compensated for your medical costs and time:
- Contact emergency services and the police immediately.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible even if you feel fine.
- Seek the counsel of a good car accident attorney in Columbia to ensure that you are properly compensated.
- Keep track of your injuries by taking photographs of all bruises and injuries. This can be helpful to your attorney as he or she builds a case to help you receive compensation for your injuries.
- Continue with follow-up medical care and keep track of all medical treatment. Save all of your receipts.
Damages you can be compensated for
When injured in an automobile accident, you can seek compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses. Injuries sustained in car accidents can require large amounts of recovery time and can include lengthy medical treatment, visits to specialists, and months of physical therapy sessions.
- Mental anguish. Being involved in serious automobile accident can cause anxiety and may make it hard for you to travel in a vehicle. A Columbia car accident injury is a serious matter, and you deserve compensation for your distress.
- Physical pain and suffering. While it is impossible to pin an exact value on your pain, but deserve to be compensated when injuries from an automobile accident lead to a reduced quality of life.
- Lost wages. Serious injuries can result in an inability to work and, consequently, a loss of income.
- Property damage. Our vehicles are an important part of our everyday life. You should be compensated for all damage to your vehicle.
- Loss of earning capacity. When faced with serious injuries and months of rehabilitation, it may not be possible for you to return to your job. You deserve to be compensated for a loss of livelihood.
- Loss of consortium. Serious injuries sustained in automobile accidents sometimes lead to the deterioration of relationships and marriages because of the heightened stress levels that they cause. In some cases, you may be compensated for this kind of personal loss.
After a car accident, you can face days, weeks, months, or even years of physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Seeking legal counsel to get compensation for your injuries is the best possible thing you can do. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of you every step of the way—so do not take the risk of facing this situation alone.
Reach out to our Columbia automobile accident lawyers
At Chappell, Smith & Arden, our Columbia auto accident lawyers are experienced, focused, and aggressive trial lawyers. Our tenacity and attention to detail help enable injured clients receive the financial compensation and medical treatment needed to recover as quickly as possible from their auto accident injuries. We have the resources necessary to investigate and litigate all types of personal injury claims.
For a free consultation with a Chappell, Smith & Arden attorney, call us toll free at 800-531-9780, or click here to contact us online.
At Chappell, Smith & Arden, our Columbia auto accident lawyers are experienced, focused, and aggressive trial lawyers. Being involved in a Columbia automobile accident is often a traumatic experience disruptive to both your physical and emotional health. As complications can develop after the accident, injuries sustained in auto accidents are tricky.