Posted on November 29, 2011 in Personal Injury
After going through the pain and stress of an accident, many people choose to take the path of least resistance, such as an insurance claim, when pursuing compensation from parties who caused the accident. The average individual may believe an insurance settlement provides the needed compensation—until learning of the full monetary costs that can result from an accident.
Whether you suffer any type of injury in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, or throughout Pennsylvania, skilled auto accident lawyers can provide valuable legal advice or legal support to help ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
How skilled attorneys can help
Personal injury claims can be complex, as illustrated by the summary of Pennsylvania injury law provided by Lawyers.com. To help ensure injury victims receive the full compensation they deserve, it makes sense to seek legal advice. Experienced attorneys help accident victims in many ways, including the following:
- Helping choose the right legal approach: Three basic options exist for pursuing compensation—insurance claims, out-of-court settlements, and lawsuits. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the right choice depends on the details of your case. A skilled attorney can provide the information you need to make an educated decision.
- Identifying the full value of a claim: When the full liability for an accident falls on other parties victims should not have to pay out-of-pocket for any related expenses. But many victims undervalue their claims by assuming compensation only covers medical-related costs. An experienced attorney identifies all costs, including lost time from work, long-term costs associated with permanent disability or disfigurement, emotional distress, and many others.
- Providing skilled legal representation: Regardless of the legal approach you choose, an experienced lawyer advocates on your behalf to protect your rights throughout the legal process.
- Investigating the accident: Accidents can be more complicated than they appear to be on the surface. A qualified attorney looks beyond the obvious and can provide skilled investigative resources when needed to identify the true causes of an accident.
- Supplying medical specialists: Serious injuries often require specialists to help ensure the best chance at recovery—and to act as an expert witness in certain situations. Your lawyer can help you find the medical support you need for your health and for your case.
For the legal support you need, contact an experienced law firm
If you suffer injury from an automobile or any type of accident, it makes sense to seek advice from an experienced attorney. The personal injury law firm of Galfand Berger LLP provides skilled legal support to injury victims in Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg, Reading, and throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Each Philadelphia car accident attorney at our firm is happy to answer your questions and discuss the matter with you. Call us toll free 1-877-228-1528 for a free initial consultation. No fees or costs apply unless we recover money for you.
Galfand Berger LLP
1835 Market Street, Suite 2710
Philadelphia, PA 19103