Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is coming up this weekend, and we want everyone to remember that its important to be extra cautious! Halloween is a fun time for kids and adults, but it also presents many opportunities for accidents to occur. There’s extra foot-traffic with kids and adults walking between homes, there’s extra driving traffic with people travelling to and from parties, and its the time of year that its starting to get dark outside earlier.
Here are some tips to help keep you, your family, and your friends safe this Halloween!
- Make sure your kids have ground rules. No matter what age your children are, make sure they know the rules and what is expected of them. Make sure you know where they’re going, who they’re with, and give them a curfew.
- Make sure everyone in your foot traffic party is walking safely. Even though its Halloween, the rules for walking down the road or in a neighborhood still apply! Pedestrian accidents are much more common on Halloween but can usually be avoided! Make sure everyone is using sidewalks whenever possible and is looking both ways to cross the street. Be extra aware of cars parking on the street or backing out of driveways.
- Be aware of costume safety. Costumes can be tons of fun, but they can also present hazards. Make sure your kids (and adult friends and relatives!) can walk, see, and breathe properly in their costumes.
- Drive extra cautiously! If you’re driving your kids around to trick or treat, make sure you’re looking out for foot traffic and other cars. Always yield to children trying to cross the road. Also, if you’re attending an adult party, make sure you don’t drink and drive!
- Check your children’s candy. Before your kids eat their candy, make sure to check it out. If the candy is smashed, has a torn wrapper, or doesn’t look like its been stored properly, toss it! Also be aware of any food allergies (like peanuts) your kids may have.
We hope everyone has a fun, safe Halloween and if you or a loved one is in need of a personal injury attorney in Woodstock, GA, contact Kyle today!