Improper highways can be hazardous for drivers due to lack of warning signs or stop lights, poor visibility, and other dangerous conditions. Many accidents from dangerous roads occur because of physical highway conditions that may inhibit a driver’s ability to adjust their speed, merge safely, or stop sufficiently. Accidents involving dangerous roads are often caused by the physical conditions of a highway that can complicate the ability of drivers to appropriately adjust their speed, merge safely, or come to a stop.
Dangerous highway accidents can result from:
- Improper road design
- Sharp curves
- Uneven pavement
- Confusing intersections
- No guard rails
- Grooved pavement
- Confusing entrance / exit ramps
Most dangerous highways in FL for car accidents:
- US-19- this highway sees about 52 deaths a year in the stretch from Pasco to Pinellas County—worst road to walk on. The highways consists of six lanes and runs thirty miles up Florida’s gulf coast.
- Alligator Alley (I 75): Drivers have poor visibility regardless of whether or not it is due to the smoke from wildfires in the area.
- Interstate 95: North Carolina-Florida (FL flats seem to encourage high-speed driving). There are about 130 deaths per year.
- US 98 (~28 miles) Highway runs from FL to Mississippi: ""When you get into the areas with the traffic lights, you’re stopping and going to the next intersection and stopping,"" said Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Steve Preston. The difficulty to stop and go leads to many accidents each year.
- US 1 Miami-Dade County, FL: accidents from the high volume of traffic and speeding
- Highway 92: this highway goes through the city of Tampa. The high volume of traffic, pedestrians, and traffic lights leads to car accidents.
- I 10: Accidents are mainly due to truck drivers, who may be fatigued after traveling thousands of miles.
- US 301: This road is particularly dangerous for pedestrians trying to cross the street.
- US 441: The high volume of trucks leads to accidents.
Fort Lauderdale accident attorneys of Fazio, DiSalvio, Cannon, Abers, Podrecca, Fazio & Carroll Attorneys at Law talk about the most dangerous highways for car accidents in Florida.
Improper highways can be hazardous for drivers due to lack of warning signs or stop lights, poor visibility, and other dangerous conditions. Many accidents from dangerous roads occur because of physical highway con