Posted on July 08, 2011 in Personal Injury
Finding the right Chicago trucking accident attorney is vital to the success of your case. Likewise, hiring the wrong lawyer can ruin your chances of obtaining fair compensation. As a result, it is imperative that you conduct the necessary research before retaining legal counsel. Rather than choosing the first attorney you see in a newspaper, magazine, or TV ad, you should create a list of local lawyers in your area and compare their credentials.
Next you should ask each Chicago trucking accident attorney the following questions:
- How much experience do you have? One of the most important questions you can ask is how many similar cases the lawyer has handled. An experienced lawyer is familiar with the system and can offer you sound advice. Additionally, he or she can advise you on when to go to trial and when to accept a settlement offer. Ideally, the attorney will have experience handling cases similar to your own.
- What type of law do you practice? It is important to know what kind of a law an attorney focuses on. The person you hire should be a Chicago personal injury attorney, and not a general practice, real estate, or family/divorce lawyer.
- How often do you go to trial? A knowledgeable lawyer will tell you that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court. However, every case is different. As a result, the attorney you hire must have substantial trial experience.
- How strong is my case? An experienced lawyer will assess your case and tell you honestly if it is strong enough to pursue. Knowing the strength of your case can save you a lot of money and time.
- What do you need from me? After reviewing your case, your lawyer may need certain documents from you. He or she will certainly want your address, email, phone number, and other contact information. However, he or she may also ask for information on any witnesses who observed the accident, or medical records and expenses for your injuries.
Chicago truck accident lawyer are your allies. As a result, you should never be afraid to ask him or her any questions.
Get the compensation you deserve
At The Law Offices of Meyer & Blumenshine, our experienced attorneys strive to obtain just compensation for every client who walks through our doors. For more information on how we can help you, contact us by phone at 312-462-0336 or through our convenient online form.
105 W. Adams Street,39th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603